Things That Make You Go "Hmmmm...."

 


Excuse me...

 If you're vaccinated and boosted, you can still catch COVID and you may die.

 If you're vaccinated and boosted, you can still spread COVID which may kill someone.

 

And...

 If you're not vaccinated and boosted, you can catch COVID and you may die.

If you're not vaccinated and boosted, you can spread COVID which may kill someone.

 

But...

 If you're vaccinated and you catch COVID  from an unvaccinated or vaccinated individual, your symptoms (okay, I'll play this game) won't be as severe were you not vaccinated.  I guess.


Then...

 Why does anyone give a rat's ass if anyone is vaccinated or not if COVID can be spread from a vaccinated or unvaccinated person?  If you're unvaccinated and you [may] have a higher chance of getting very sick and dying, then that (okay, I'll play this game) is your own damn fault.

 

Whereas...

 If someone catches COVID from you (or, let's be honest, it could just as easily be from the guy wearing forty masks in a full-body condom at Home Depot), then they should experience (okay, I'll play this game) milder symptoms if they got the jab.

 

Now that I think of it...

 For those who say society should not have to pay for the medical care of those who choose not to get vaccinated, but get sick, then why don't we deny treatment to smokers, drug abusers, alcoholics, or the obese?  I can hear the predictably pompous, "Well, those people don't infect the health of others."

 Secondhand smoke aside, that is a very slippery slope I do not care to tread.

 

Besides...

 If you're vaccinated and boosted, you allegedly have a greater chance of weathering the storm.  You're good. 

 

 

 

16 comments:

  1. You make some very valid points. And you didn't even have to touch the whole mask controversy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mask controversy was in the original draft, but I cut it. I didn't want to force people to read a long-ass post that wasn't funny (do I even WRITE funny posts :-D?)
      At any rate, one spate of illogic at a time.

      Delete
  2. I don't think anyone seriously thinks that the unvaccinated shouldn't get treatment if they catch the dread plague. Those that say that are frustrated by the overwhelmed hospitals and the denial that the dread plague is, in fact, something to dread.

    Ah, the fatphobia runs rampant with you, eh. Now, fatness is not a disease, but that's another argument. Just know that I am fat. And I won't get into how society treats us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhhhhhhhhh nooooooooooooo, fatphobia doesn't run rampant with me. Absolutely not. Please believe that. I've dealt with that my entire life. The Navy kept me relatively slim during my career, but even then, I once was assigned to the unfortunately named "Fat Boys Club." In fact, I just tried on a sweater I haven't worn since last year and it's uncomfortable. Makes me sad. My heart goes out to those feeling similarly. I can't do it now (going out, don'tcha know), but I'll post a picture of me at 12-you'll see. Gives me an idea for a post...
      That said, I do not dread what too many people call a plague. No sense debating it here, but it has a 99% survival rate.
      Anyway, I was using obesity as an example of a behavioral issue (another debate topic, for sure). Even so, no way do I think medical care should be denied on an ad hoc basis. Possibly increased insurance rates...? (yet ANOTHER debate topic).
      It's a crime how society treats people some times. Said shabby treatment won't be coming from me, though.

      Delete
    2. I'll post my "Reindeer Picture" (along with commentary-I can't help myself) sometime later in the week. Tomorrow? A Valentine's post.

      Delete
  3. My wife had the Pfizer vaccine and it weakened in her enough where she had symptoms. But the only clue we knew for sure it was Covid-19 was because she lost her sense of taste and smell

    I had Moderna and never experienced a single symptom. No cough, no fever, taste and smell intact.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many people report similar occurrences. I don't consider it a bugaboo.

      Delete
  4. We both got the vax, but not the booster. We got what seemed to be sinus colds that made it through a weekend, but our jobs required the test, and the home tests (supplied by my work) both showed we had it. Never was much more than the sinus infection, mine hung on just a little more than Lauries. I got maybe a little achier than the norm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And frankly, the second shot laid me out worse...

      Delete
    2. Very sorry to hear that. I hope all is well going forward.

      Delete
  5. It is just such a run around and around and around. You could do your job for 2 years unvaccinated but now you suddenly have to be vaccinated when the virus is weaker? After 2 years of a deadlier version? Really? Such a bunch of mixed messages, besides them trying to ram 3rd shots and 4th shots and whatever down our throats because they ordered so many shots and now have nothing better to do with them. Same as vax pass. You have to be vaccinated here to go into a restaurant, but the staff don't have to be vaccinated that work in the restaurant. Ummm okay. Just one big clusterfork of a rollout. Anyone who thinks there is some conspiracy is just nuts, aside from maybe rich aholes making money off it, as a conspiracy implies things would at least have a plan and run smoothly. After all, if the aliens are putting robots in us, they would have planned that crap. Pffft.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I gotta think that aliens would give this global asylum a wide berth.

      Delete
  6. I love this sentences:"...forty masks in a full-body condom at Home Depot)..."

    hehehe.... lol...

    # Have a wonderful weekend

    ReplyDelete
  7. True that! Have a great day!
    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete

Out On a Limb

     Okay, I'm going to go out on a limb here, but I'm going to defend Joe Biden (for perhaps the very first, and last, time). &quo...