To Impeach Or Not To Impeach

     That is the question.

    The “I” word has been rearing its ugly head for nearly all of my adult life.  Okay, that’s really not true.  I’m pretty old now.  It first entered the public domain in earnest when Bill Clinton (aka “Boner-in-Chief”) was indicted (which is really what impeachment is) for lying to Congress.

    But, come on, we know the real reason.

    



    But, come on, can you blame him?

    


    Then, “impeachment” gained even more steam with the accession of Evil Orange Man to the White House.  The first time for some sort of ridiculous “quid pro quo” (no time to explain that term just now-I can’t do everything, you know) regarding Ukraine.  Unlike the real Ukrainian quid pro quo that Vice-President (now president) Department Store Dummy bragged about.

    How in the world people don’t see that is beyond me.  Like I said, though, no time to discuss.  We’ll let that one go for now.

    Anyway, after four impeachments (the first being that thrown for Andrew Johnson), a lot of folks are trotting out the wisdom of impeaching the Eggplant-in-Chief.  That some of this blather comes from members of the House of Representatives strikes me as nothing more than political posturing.  They know that, while Biden may, in fact, be impeached, there is no way he would be convicted in the Senate.

Picture of Andrew Johnson used only
because the poor dead guy doesn't get any press.
    

    They merely want to throw red meat to their constituents.

"Say it isn't so!"

    First, let me say, that the Delaware Pine Cone should be impeached and removed from office.  In my opinion, this would be the first time in American history that those drastic measures are warranted.  The others were pure political kabuki theater.

"I remember, as a boy sitting at a kitchen table in Scranton with my dad, that I invented kabuki theater before I went to the local Shinto shrine shortly after Commodore Perry's visit to Nissan.  Or was that Datsun?  Or Nippon?  Or a 7-11?  What was the question again?"

    NOTE:  Richard Nixon probably would have been justifiably impeached, but he resigned.  And Gerald Ford pardoned him for any perceived crimes.  Call me a conspiracy theorist, but…quid pro quo.  Once again, no time...we carry on...

    I’m not saying that there is not an element of partisan hatred for this guy.  But, any clear-thinking American has to see that the occupant of the White House is desperately bad news.  Of course, there are more than a few nitwits who see nothing wrong with dudes competing against women, either. 

"Who you calling a nitwit? 
Trust me, it takes a lot of balls to swim against women! 
And wear this suit."


    I am aghast at the stupidity out there.  Not ignorance.  Stupidity.

    To be fair, while there is stupidity and ignorance on the Left, there is also stupidity and ignorance on the Right.  Some folks loudly bleat that Biden should be impeached because, in their minds, that means he is gone.

    What they fail to realize:
    Andrew Johnson:  Impeached.  Served out his term.
    Bill Clinton:  Impeached.  Served out his term.  In fact, I think he got even more popular.

    Donald Trump:  Impeached #1.  Served out his term.  Impeached #2.  The guy had already lost the election, for crying out loud.  Nope, nothing political there.

    So, my point is, just impeaching an individual is only half the game.

    For those who do not know (and you know who you are)….Once impeached, the president (other federal officers can be impeached, as well, but we’ll just concentrate on the Executive for now), is referred to the Senate for trial.

    This trial, presided over by the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, requires 2/3 of its members to agree on whether to convict or not.  If convicted, he will be thrown out of office and the vice-president (and, dear Lord, you know what that means in this administration) will take over.

"I'm your dingle...err...huckleberry."
    Since my math is often suspect, 66 Senators are required for a conviction.  Since the Senate is controlled by the Democrats, you’d have a better chance of seeing Jesus at a nudie bar than seeing Biden go off to a nursing home to eat chocolate chip ice cream and watch reruns of “Matlock” while pooping his britches.

"So, I still can't go?  I have a lotta singles just burning a hole in my robe."
"How many times do I have to tell you?  No!  You have an image to keep up.  Jesus!"

"And that is precisely why you're going to Purgatory, boyo!"

    Plus, I would bet that more than a couple Republicans wouldn’t vote guilty, either, as they'd view relieving a president of his duties would throw this country into a catastrophic tailspin.

Probably not this guy, though.

    I’d have to agree with that.  Because, even though justified, it would be a bad thing.

    If acquitted, like Johnson, Clinton, and Trump, he will carry on as before.

    So, in my opinion, an impeachment would be a colossal waste of time and money, no matter how warranted.

    After all, this country has a lot more important things to worry about.

Like a guy pretending to be a woman
on a can of Clydesdale pee pretending to be beer.
    

    Okay, that’s not important.

    The line just makes me giggle.

 

 

12 comments:

  1. Couldn’t agree more. I can only imagine what other world leaders must think about this imbecile. We are a joke. He is an incompetent puppet doing what he’s told. What boggles my mind is that people actually voted for him. The actual voters. Not the millions of bogus votes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It truly boggles my mind that any sentient being thinks this corpse is doing great. It makes me nostalgic for Jimmy Carter. He was an incompetent boob as a president, but he's a good human being. I can wrap my head around the hatred for Donald Trump and can even understand the support for, dear Lord, Hillary Clinton. But, Biden? To quote a phrase, COME ON, MAN!

      Delete
  2. Clydesdale pee pretending to be beer - that made me chuckle.
    Impeachment would be a waste of time. Look at the time spend on the Hunter laptop with no convictions for anyone!
    Sadly, I have relatives who, while disillusioned with their party, would vote for Satan himself if it meant keeping Trump, DeSantis, and any other Republican out of office. Sad, huh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm convinced that most politicians just like to hear themselves talk so they can whip up their base (i.e., get campaign donations). Nothing ever gets done.
      Those poor fools in your family (every family has them). So partisan that they can't objectively come to a conclusion. I wish they could properly evaluate each campaign. Personally, I'm intrigued by RFK Jr.'s message. Looking into it and haven't made up my mind (I think he's a climate change loonie, so there's that). Still think De Santis is the way to go. But, geez a lou, Biden has to go.

      Delete
  3. Well put, throughout. Sorry if I'd missed any posts, but I was relying on an e-mail delivery that apparently ceased. Hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am doing quite well. I've reduced my blog frequency quite a bit. But, all this impeachment talk compelled me to write something. Especially, since several who call for his impeachment are from the House. Where, as you know, articles of impeachment are supposed to be filed. It's all political theater which frustrates the living daylights out of me.

      Delete
  4. I'm confused. What has Biden done that merits impeachment?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your response (and my response to your response) have disappeared. That's odd. Maybe because I answered you on my phone...? In any case, you know what I replied, so no sense rehashing it. My biggest concern is that people lock themselves into their partisan points of view (also happens on the Right) and absolutely refuse to acknowledge a differing one. This is sad. No one "team" has a monopoly on truth. By the way, you mentioned that you fear Republicans. Certainly, there are some that merit that fear. But, most don't (equally true on the Left) and it's a little unfair to lump them all together. I'm not a Republican because I don't wish to be beholden to one party. In any event, THANK YOU for replying.

      Delete
  5. We don't agree on everything, but we'll probably have a lot of fun in purgatory together. I'll bring the donuts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love doughnuts! Although I've been told that that Purgatory isn't a thing, anymore. I think the Vatican made some budget cuts. And nobody has to agree on everything. Friends are friends are friends.

      Delete
    2. Haha. Yeah, I only believe in a self imposed hell for eternity. So we won't choose it, and we'll still split the doughnuts. Woohoo!

      Delete
    3. No such thing as a bad doughnut.

      Delete

Today's Bit o' Blasphemy

"Separate checks?" "Seriously?  Look, Matthew, I know you're a tax collector, but do you have to squeeze every shekel unt...