Tony the Pony

 


    Some of you may have noticed, most of you probably haven’t (given the audience numbers for this blog), I haven’t been submitting to Stuff and Nonsense for quite some time.  Oh sure, I posted last week about my experience at the Virginia Beach polls, but it had been a while since I had given you anything new before that.

    In fact, as  the two of you who read it-thank you, Alex and Liz!-know, my last post was October 10th and was about Johnny Cash’s “Ring of Fire.”  Since then, bumpkus.  However, since no one complained, I wasn’t too worried about it.

    Anyway, I have a good reason.  I was finishing up my latest book, Tony the Pony.  The fourth of my so-called “Navy” books (so-called by me, by the way), it documents my time with the men, women, and bowling shoes of Patrol Squadron Eleven, a Navy (have I mentioned “Navy”?) P-3 squadron based in Brunswick, Maine.

Sadly, the base at Brunswick is closed, the P-3s are decommissioned,
and I'm whining about low readership.
    I used the past month to wrap things up on an endeavor which took me over two years to complete.  Now, mind you, I’m no George R.R. Martin when it comes to taking my sweet ass time to finish my book.  Whereas George labors mightily (one hopes) to churn out this novel or that, I pretty much took my…uh…sweet ass time to finish my book.

"Of course, I've been working on the next Game of Thrones book for over ten years. Sweet ass time?  Sure. 
But, my books don't suck."
    Anyway, I’m proud to report that it is finally finished.  I can now take the rest of the year to recharge my literary batteries before I launch into writing my ninth book. 

    For those of you who may be wondering why, if I’ve written eight books, I’m not listed on the New York Times bestseller list,  I suck my books are a labor of love for which I don’t seek laudatory praise of any kind.  Or a truckload of royalty checks.  Although, would it kill you?

     But, if nothing else, they don’t cost all that much and would make great Christmas gifts for people of which you’re not too fond.  In fact, Tony the Pony is only $9.99 and the Kindle version is even cheaper.

    So, what have you got to lose?  Maybe Dad or Mom are Navy veterans who might get a kick out of reading the tales of what it was like back in the day.  At the very least, they’ll feel superior to a wretched little troll from Stratford, Connecticut, who finally got his wish to fly.

I mean, how could they not?

    If you'd like to do so, just click on Tony the Pony and you'll go right to the Amazon site.  Easy peasy.  With the possible exception of paying for it.

    You'll feel good about yourself.

Buy my book. 
Otherwise, I may have to consider another line of work.


10 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Ken!! Is it on iTunes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't find it on iTunes. Of course, I'm easily perplexed by technology. I'll try to look again.

      Delete
  2. Congrats. And you never know. This might be your breakout hit :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed. If it's a success, I'll retire. Oh. Wait. I already am. Huh.

      Delete
  3. Your books don't suck, Al. For you, I'm gonna get me a Pony for Chanukah. Yippee. CONGRATULATIONS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Robyn! Chanukah, Menorahs, Christmas, Skeletons with Santa hats, and two confused cats.

      Delete
  4. Congrats on your new book and you have written more than meas I still just think about it. Yup, no fire under my ass. Good for you and I will check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great job.... congratulation...

    # I didn't visit your blog long time, hope everything goes well with you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much! It was trip down memory lane for me.

      Delete

Today's Bit o' Blasphemy

"Separate checks?" "Seriously?  Look, Matthew, I know you're a tax collector, but do you have to squeeze every shekel unt...