No History This Week

    Sorry.

   For the two of you who read this blog, please accept my sincere apologies,  as there will be no "History of the World According To Penwasser" this week.  I had intended to write the column Thursday evening, but I had a social engagement come up all of a sudden (yeah, I know.  People actually want to spend time with me.  Weird.  I must owe them money).

   Friday, I headed down South to land of cotton, good times there are not forgotten.  My son is getting married and would like me to accompany him, his mother, his future mother-in-law, and his fiancee (or is that fiance?  I can't keep these things straight) on a trip to view potential venues.



   Side Note:  The children of me and my siblings are starting the marriage process.  It's going to go like dominos (the game, not the pizza).  Soon, the funerals will end up like dominos (the game, not the pizza).
"No?   Awwwwwwwwwww...eff."
   But, fingers crossed that that won't happen for a very long time.  Because, I'm the oldest and I have this suspicious lump on my forehead.

   Anyway, I won't have time to give you a post which is of the highest quality (or whatever this is).

   Never fear.  Next week, we go to ancient Babylon.

   But, to tide you over, how about a picture of an angry bird and a toilet?

Because he has no hands, stepladder, or penis. 
And really needs to take a whiz. 
I'd be angry, too

10 comments:

  1. I see...angry bird in ancient Babylon....

    # Have a nice weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angry mostly because the Babylonians carved "Half Man/Half Lion" monuments.
      Not "Half Man/Half Bird."

      Delete
  2. And it's a toss up which costs more, marriage or funerals. At least the latter one doesn't have to worry so much about if it is theirs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, if it's my funeral, won't care all that much how much it costs.
      So there's that.

      Delete
  3. From what I remember of French, the extra e is the feminine. But since fiance(e) relates to both in a way, I couldn't say which goes with which.

    Have fun on your trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just went with future daughter-in-law.
      Worked for me.

      Delete
  4. The Dingo ate my Fiance er, Fiancee..potato, Tomato...let's call the whole thing off. I am going into funeral land but now nieces and nephews are getting married. Hope you have a fabulous time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was wonderful.
      I had several beers.
      Probably unrelated.

      Delete

Happy Passover

        A good lot of you have already celebrated Easter.  Like weeks ago.   "Weeks ago!?  You should have told me, Mr. Great Pumpkin! ...