Sign Language I

    You've seen them.

    Signs that are either poorly worded, misspelled, grammatically incorrect, homophonically (not a real word and nothing to do with homosexuals), rife with double entendres, or just ripe targets for mocking.

    We all pass these things and say to ourselves,  "That doesn't look right."  Well, quite often it's because these signs aren't right.

    So, in view of this (and in light of the fact that I'm a little wiseass), I'll be providing examples of these signs every week.  Call me a Grammar Nazi, a Punctuation Putz, or a little wiseass (I believe we've already covered that), but hey, it's what I do.

    I apologize in advance if you've already seen these, either on Facebook or in the previous incarnation of this blog.  Hey, they're quick hits, so you won't be investing too much of your time.  Then you can go visit Robyn Engel's blog.  She's eminently more talented than I.

   And better looking.  


My next what?

5 comments:

  1. Barber shop your next quartet?
    We saw an official road sign the other day that was definitely wrong. Now that's sad - government intelligence at its best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Government Intelligence.
      One of life's better oxymorons.

      Delete
  2. You'd think you wouldn't find grammar mistakes in neon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your next blog post! They're psychic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Al, you keep making me blush. Silly man. I'm not eminently more talented than you or...Well, I'm not more talented.
    Love ya, buddy.
    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete

History of the World-Hail Caesar!

  NOTE:   I'll continue to post this disclaimer, even though it's been like forever since I posted anything pertaining to the histor...