Same As It Ever Was?

  I’m back.




   In case you didn’t notice (a distinct possibility), I terminated my lease at Penwasser Place earlier this year.  For those who paid attention (people? You may need to get a life), this has been an extraordinarily stressful year.  I won’t go into great detail (you’re welcome), but many things in my life have changed and I hurt my share of innocent people.  At the height of the drama, some of the turmoil even spilled into the blogosphere (I apologize for that, Robyn). 

Here There Be Penguins
   Essentially, I didn’t feel like writing.  I suspended operations on my latest opus, St. Stan’s: Tales From the Penguin Academy, for a time.  I even dropped out of sight from Facebook and Twitter for a little while.

   

  Luckily (that’s questionable), I returned to Facebook and Twitter.

  I’ve even taken up finishing the prequel to Shag Carpet Toilet , which should be done at the end of the year.  So, there’s that.

  Thank you, those who stuck with me.  I won’t name you because I don’t want to throw a spotlight on your shocking lack of judgment.  Besides, I’ll probably forget one or two of you.  But, you know who you are.

  One of you has even been playing Words With Friends with me throughout this entire ordeal.  Rest assured, I do not use a dictionary.

  As far as you know.


  So, I’ve returned to Blogger, even though the name is slightly different.  When I left Penwasser Place, I surrendered the rights to the name*.  

  Besides, I would still like to win Blog of Note.

  Incidentally, do they still do that anymore?  Blogger has stopped returning my calls.

  And, by ‘stopped,’ I mean ‘never have.’

  I won’t be back completely this month (so, I guess you could call
"I don't like the sounds of this, do you?
 Incidentally, who's the midget?"
this a cruel tease).  In a week or so, I’ll start with a series called “Twelve Days of Bones.”  If you’ve been suffering with me at Zuckerberg’s place, you know who Bones is.  I also may throw a repeat here and there afterwards (yeah, not a whole lot has changed from Penwasser Place days, huh?). 

  So, yes, I’ve returned (I may have mentioned that).  If you’re reading this, thank you.  When you’re done, please feel free to seek quality blogs written by people such as Pat Hatt.

  The problem (it’s probably a problem) is that you’ll probably get duplicates of Facebook nonsense (which I also sometimes repeat on Twitter). 

   I probably won’t post as many boring, longwinded essays (you know, like this).

*Not true

"Frankly, it's good to see that Little Al, or Manic Depressive Ken, to be honest, has returned, because his essays poking fun of Grandma, Slappy, Creepy Uncle Joe, the Boner-in-Chief, Fauxahontas, Low Energy Jeb, Lyin' Ted, Spartacus, Idiot Bernie, Liver Lips Pelosi, or any number of despicable people who refuse to see me as the greatest living, or dead, president, and, frankly human being to ever inhabit the planet which, to be honest, was not so great before I became the greatest, have I said that, president ever with fantastic hair and big hands, big hands, will be a welcome shot in the arm for a national psyche which was in desperate need of being boosted before I became the numero uno honcho to live at Pennsylvania Avenue, so I welcome this outstanding purveyor of the written word.  CHINA!!!"

"Got some bad news for you."


 
"EVERYTHING HE SAYS IS A LIE AND PART OF THE GREATEST WITCH HUNT KNOWN TO MAN!!  SAD!!!!"

14 comments:

  1. Is it true? Do I get the first new comment?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Yes, you do.
      I really did like "Love Child."
      The song.

      Delete
  2. Hopefully things are on the upswing and stay that way. Getting another book done is a win. Quality from the cat? I guess there may be one in between the fart jokes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Howdy. Welcome back...sorta...oh you tease. But you make me laugh too.
    Take care. Write when you feel like it and good luck. Hang in there.
    CHINA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm gently easing into it (oh, don't I sound coy?). I really feel like, as Pat says, things are on the upswing. I can't wear sackcloth and ashes forever. Nor can I keep apologizing. More people have forgiven me than the one who hasn't. I've never experienced hatred from another person before (at least that I'm aware of). It makes me sad, but I shall press on!

      Delete
  4. Sorry to hear about the "stressful stuff" that's been going on with you, but I'm glad you're bouncing back now. It's hard to keep a good man down. (Unless a 350-pound linebacker holds you there.) Your snarky voice needs to be heard. (Or, um, read.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't fun, to be sure (my fault), but life goes on.

      Delete
  5. Thank you, Al. It was a hell of a lousy year, wasn't it? Sheesh. This one will not be missed.
    Still love you. (Clearly, I still lack judgement).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When the dust settles on 2018, we'll still be standing!
      Adios, piece of crap year!

      Delete
  6. I believe I did say you would be back.

    I love being right.








    I did miss you. All the new people since you been gone smell funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good thing I bathed, then.

      You're actually right a majority of the time.

      Delete
  7. It is so so good to have you back in the blogging world. You've been missed, Al!

    Elsie

    ReplyDelete

Happy Passover

        A good lot of you have already celebrated Easter.  Like weeks ago.   "Weeks ago!?  You should have told me, Mr. Great Pumpkin! ...