Those Meddling Kids

    


    Several years ago, I wrote a book for my daughter.  
   
Nothing says Man Boobs 
quite like "Put Your Shirt On"
    For quite some time, we made it a tradition to rent a beach house at the Outer Banks in North Carolina every summer for a week.  It was a wonderful time spent with friends and, once, with my sister's family.  Lounging around on the beach, lounging around the pool, lounging around the hot tub, taking a nap, then getting up to lounge around some more, we looked forward to the trip every year.
   
    Sadly, we have not returned in several years.  Mostly because all of our children have grown up and we've realized we don't need to drive through four states to lounge.  In any case, the vacations to the Outer Banks have become a nostalgic thing of the past.



On one such trip, my daughter was allowed to ask her best friend to come along.  It was during this time that I was inspired to write The Knothead Twins and the Mystery of the Ghost Crabs.  I did it mostly for her, but I also thought-why not?-make it available on Kindle for anyone who might be interested to have a look.

   
    It wasn't available in paperback until now.
   
    Little did I know that it would be the first of what would eventually be seven books.  Incidentally, none of which are best sellers.
You think I enjoy mopping bathrooms?
  
    After I inflicted St. Stan's: Tales From the Penguin Academy on the reading public, I set sights on what would be the fourth of my "Navy" themed books, Fly Navy.  Before I started, though, I decided to brush off the manuscript of TKTATMOTGC (makes it easier to spell out this way.  Sorta).  I didn't really update it as much as brush it off a little and perhaps make it a better quality read (insert laugh here).  For instance, I included verbs.  Makes for a better read that way.
   
    With the exception of I'll Make Christmas: A Love Story (am I
And you haven't bought them why?  
Oh, yeah.  Taste.
going to include everything I wrote?), TKTATMOTGC is nothing like my other books, Shag Carpet Toilet, It's Not Just a Job, It's an Adventure, or Fifty Shades of Penwasser (huh, whaddya know, I did).
    

    TKTATMOTGC, while certainly not a grimly serious bit of adventure and derring-do, is not a lunatic romp through, uh, lunacy, either.  Basically, it's a type of a Young Adult mystery geared primarily to 11 year-old girls.  It was a bit of a struggle to write, as I've never been an 11 year-old girl.  As far as you know.
   
    Think Scooby-Doo.  Without the quality.
   
"JINKIES!  He's going to actually try and sell that thing!"

    At any rate, if you feel like having a look at it (the book...take your mind out of the gutter), feel free (or reasonably priced).  It's available on Amazon for $6.00 (trust me, I wanted to make it cheaper, but they wouldn't let me) or on Kindle still for 99 cents.
   
    At only 88 pages, it's a quick read.
   
    Even with the verbs.

17 comments:

  1. You've put out your own library. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      An interesting (?) tidbit....when I was at a book-signing in January, my sister-in-law asked if I had an agent. I said no, that I was trying to get my stride. She looked at me and said, "You've put out six [at the time] books. I think you've hit your stride."
      I may wait until I retire from my present job (next year) to see about marketing these things a little better.

      Delete
  2. I wasn't aware that you are an author. Best regards and congrats...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on another publication. Scooby Doo without the quality means you ditched the cute blond guy, right? That's okay. I had the hots for Daphne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually liked the movie Velma. Great googli moogli, the movie Velma.
      Zoinks.

      Delete
  4. Well done, sir!
    Scooby Doo without the quality - you ditched the drugs, didn't you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting...maybe the Mystery Of The Urinal Turds could be a sequel?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That really is an intriguing possibility.
      NOTE: Those of you who are not on Facebook...you're missing the back story for this comment. Of course, this may be fortunate for you.

      Delete
  6. sound interesting book. I should read it...

    Have a wonderful spring

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never written a book for my daughter

    because I don't have one.


    New idea for a book


    How to make a daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on another release. Yeah, one doesn't need to go super far to lounge and let their man boobs stick out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the book and on writing which so many people think of doing and never do. I bet you did dress up as a girl and sing “I fell pretty”.

    ReplyDelete

Happy Presidents Day!

  WARNING : The following contains some truths, half-truths, and outlandish points of conjecture.  Students are therefore urged to not quo...