Sunday, September 13, 2026

I Yam What I Yam

 

Not this kind, though

    During a slow spell at work last week (mind you, even though I am retired, I have informed the good people at Ace Hardware that I'm willing to help out if necessary and perform the duties of a Helpful Hardware Man)

Or whatever it is that I do

I was goofing around on the internet.  After watching Two Girls and a Cup  a couple Bugs Bunny cartoons on You Tube, a how-to video to install a toilet seat, and fighting with various mouth-breathers on Twitter (X, whatever), I decided to visit Penwasser Place in some sort of masochistic desire to see if anyone else harbors a masochistic desire. 

    Well, when I clicked on my blog, I found this, specifically that indicated by the red arrow.


    Now, I've never seen that kind of symbol on any of my posts before.  Actually, I've never noticed that kind of symbol on any of my posts before.  I'm not terribly observant.

"No joke."

    At any rate, I thought it was some kind of AI thing.  So, casting caution to the wind and feeling safe in the knowledge that I'm always polite to Siri (please see last weekend's "Manners Matter."  If you're bored),  I clicked on it.  Wow, it contained more information about me, Al Penwasser, Facebook (where I'm Kenneth Charles), and Penwasser Place than I thought possible.

  

Apparently, I am not a public figure.

This makes me sad.

    As you can probably tell, there is a whole host of questions that can lead you into the craziness that is normally found here.  Each selection will open up another set of questions.  In fact, the more I read, the more things I realize I had actually forgotten for the most part.

    For instance, did you know (why would you?) that I was a writer for Navy Times for ten years?  What probably isn't surprising is that none of my columns were serious.  What I know for sure is surprising is that they actually paid me!

This is why I can refer to myself as a professional writer, yo.

    When I saw the question about which post was judged the funniest, I saw that it was the one I wrote last year called The Great Urinal Stalemate.
Signature mix of sarcasm and self-deprecating humor. 
Mixed in with a little potty snark. 

        Incidentally, if you're curious (why would you be?), about what was my most popular historical post, that would be the second part of Xerxes.

"Thank you, thank you very much.  Still can't find my arms, though."

    To sum up (thank God, you're probably thinking), if you see a symbol like that on your blog, go ahead and click on it.  You may find out things about yourself you've forgotten.

    And may find Xerxes arms.


By the way, I've decided to repost The Great Urinal Stalemate next week.  I guess if it was judged the funniest post, a second go-round may be in order.

Plus that means I won't have to write new material.

After all...


Update:  This feature apparently only occurs when you share your post to Facebook.  So, no, you won't be able to use it on Blogger.  Still, it's pretty cool.  Have I mentioned I wrote for Navy Times?

No comments:

Post a Comment