Or, possibly, too subtle?
Sandee, of the delightful Comedy Plus blog, sponsors a weekly "Wordless Wednesday" post.
NOTE: I would think "weekly" would be a needless redundancy. But, then again, there may be some of you out there who are graduates of a Minnesota Learing Center and, thus, may not get it.
![]() |
| "You just aren't going to give it a rest, are you?" |
Since I always like having an excuse to post, I have posted a, for the most part, wordless picture every...Wednesday (please keep up).
There have been occasions where, by not offering any sort of explanation, the joke may not be readily apparent. More than once, people have commented that it took them a couple seconds to figure out what I was driving at. Then? The "haha" (hopefully) moment finally strikes them.
As an example, Bohemian of the equally delightful Bohemian Valhalla wrote that it took her a little while to get my "Junk Removal" picture.
![]() |
| It still makes me giggle in a middle school kinda way. |
To be honest, subtle comedy is one of my favorite forms of comedy. Rather than slapping you in the face with a banana cream pie (mind you, I'm not against doing that, either), I like to slip you something which catches you unawares.
![]() |
| "That sounds dirty, boyo. Knuckles, if you please." |
Mostly because I hate to waste a perfectly good pie.
![]() |
| "Mmmmmmmmmmmmm...........pie..............." |
Believe it or not, I do my best to avoid posting a picture which would be impossible to understand without a caption, no matter how long you look at it.
![]() |
| "Take a picture. It lasts longer." |
What may be easier to believe is that I have quite a collection of pictures from which to choose.
Sometimes, I'll post a position of a sign. While they probably would be pretty easy to understand, in my opinion, they don't technically satisfy the defintion of "wordless."
![]() |
| Some things don't need explanation. |
So, Sandee, I'll continue to do my best to submit pictures which will remain largely wordless. While I can take a hint from other posts and provide images of scenic vistas or beautiful people, I doubt I will do so.
![]() |
| After all, that's not how I roll. |







No comments:
Post a Comment